• The taking of Precepts and Refuges at the start (these will be explained at Opening Ceremony)
• Two daily 30-minute meditations (morning and evening) led by IMT teachers Terry Magee and David Bornstein, accessible via Zoom
• Discussion opportunities following evening meditations on Sunday, Oct 20, and Tuesday, Oct 22, from 7:30-8:15 pm via Zoom.
• Links to free Dharma talks by senior Insight teachers, selected by IMT teachers.
• Our two regular Thursday evening gatherings plus the Saturday daylong that occur during the nine days will be dedicated to the Practice Period
• Ceremony at the conclusion
IMT teachers Terry Magee and David Bornstein invite you to participate in a non-residential practice period for nine days in September.
It will be a period of intentional Sangha-wide commitment to integrating Insight practice into our daily lives and routines. You choose from a menu of practices to commit to during this time. We encourage you to find a balance between challenging yourself and treating yourself with kindness, an attitude Joseph Goldstein calls “gentle rigor.”
You will have the support of Terry and David every day via Zoom, plus your choice of dharma talks on the theme of the Hindrances.
Dana The Buddhist practice of Dana, or Generosity, has sustained the teachings of Insight Meditation for nearly 2,600 years, as they have migrated across the globe. All Dana collected during the practice period will support our efforts to establish IMT as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization in 2019.
Begins Thursday: October 17 8pm (Opening Ceremony)
Ends Saturday: October 26 3pm (Closing Ceremony)
Dharma Theme: The Heart of Practice: Befriending the Hindrances
Suggested Donation: $50-$100
No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Cash or Check payable to Insight Meditation Tucson
In person, or mail to: IMT, P.O. Box 43994, Tucson, AZ, 85733
To Register click on button below
The Dharma Talks, the Sign up for Practice Discussion groups, and the daily meditations at 7am & 7pm led by Terry Magee and David Bornstein through Zoom meeting rooms will become available.